Sunday, July 18, 2010

Yellowstone

The last time I went to Yellowstone was when I was about ten years old. We went camping with all four of us girls and my parents and my Uncle who was visiting from Seattle.  My sister Ashley got sick and was puking all night and the next day as we were driving through Yellowstone.  I'm not sure why we didn't just zoom right on home but my loving parents decided to still stop at some of the geysers and attractions.  I also remember my Mom and Uncle taking off hiking while my Dad was left with the four girls including one puking girl.  So needless to say it wasn't the best experience.
Today's experience however, was excellent.  We left this morning with our friends Rob and Rachel.  The trip over there was lots of fun and chatter filled.  I really didn't realize how close Yellowstone was to us, only about two hours!
When we first entered Yellowstone they gave us these to hang from the windshield.  It has a drawing of a small child being burned by hot water. It's a warning to stay away from the hot pots. 
And here is the other side, warning people that you might get gored by buffalo.
But those didn't stop people from pulling over and getting out of their cars to take pictures of this big guy.

Rachel stuck her head out the window for me so I could take a picture, such a daredevil that girl.
One of our first stops was the thermal pools. 

Rob explained to us the reason the water looks blue is because of the bacteria and proteins in the water.
Lunch time in front of the "General Store".

Relaxin after a yummy lunch.

This is the actual name of a creek! Maybe it meant something different back then.

The grand finale of the day, Old Faithful!

We ended the day at Yellowstone with some ice cream. I got the Mountain Berry.  YUM!

Rachel enjoyed the Mountain Berry flavor as well.

Rob was diggin the peppermint.

And Thomas loved his peanut butter track sundae.
Such a fun day trip.

1 comment:

  1. That sounds like a perfect day trip! I so want to take my hubby to yellowstone/grand tetons! He has never been and it is one of my favorite places!

    ReplyDelete