Friday, July 9, 2010

Da Bears

There is a AAA baseball team in my hometown called the Bears.  I worked there for three years starting the summer after my sophomore year til the summer after my senior year of highschool. The first year I was a ticket taker, the second a ticket seller, and the third concession stand manager.  Working at the baseball stadium was a perfect summer job.  I loved the people that I worked with and the working environment was fun. 
My parents have season tickets and I usually go with them a couple times. 
This was the first game we went to this season and we met up with one of my best friends, Jessica, from highschool and her mom (who my mom is friends with).

Thomas, Me, and Jess at the game.

Dad, Mom, and Jess' mom.  It was so windy and cold.
 Jessica's grandma hosts some of the baseball players so she kind of has in in with the people their.  She left a little bit early and on her way out told someone to have me be in one of the games they play in between innings. 
So around the 8th inning I got to "Guess the attendance."  They have four people holding numbers and I had to arrange them so that it was the number of people who had bought tickets to that night's game.  My parents had been to the previous nights game so they told me an estimate and the guys holding the numbers told me that if I messed up they might just help me out if I was quick.  I had my first guess and it was wrong, so I switched two numbers and got it right.  I won a US Bank baseball hat and two tickets to the next weeks game.
Yes, I CAN guess the attendance!

1 comment: