Saturday, July 24, 2010

Blue Angels

My 10 miler today was great.  Thomas dropped me off at my start location, which was a park, around 10am.  Then he drove 5 miles down the route I was going and left me a water bottle.  Such a sweetheart! And then later he waited for me back at the park to pick me up.  This course was hilly.  I had to walk twice for about 30 seconds in the first five miles but then made it my goal to run the whole time on the last five miles and I did it.  My long run goal time has been about a 9:53/mile pace, today I made it in 9:47/mile.  I had three Clif Shot Blocs a half hour before the run and then three at mile six.  I love those things.  They don't make me gag as much as energy gels and they taste like fruit snacks.
This afternoon we went to Idaho Falls with Bea, Ivan, and Alex to see the air show they had going on with the Blue Angels.  We didn't want to have to pay $20 per person so we just went to a park which was right next to the airport.  A bunch of other people had our idea too.  We found some shade and spread out our camping chairs and blankets and enjoyed the show. 


The Blue Angels have six planes and they are loud and huge.  Halfway through the show a plane came from behind us and was like 200 yards above our heads, which was super close.  I screamed big time cause it scared me so bad.  Baby Alex didn't even cry from all the noise! Seeing all these stunts reminded me of war movies, including the move Fly Boys (which is one war movie I actually enjoyed).  It's really amazing the tricks that they do, flying upside down, diving straight at the ground, and spinning and turning all over the place. 

Right above our heads!

Alex pointing at the planes.



After the air show we headed to the mall to pick up my ring from Kay Jewelers which had gotten it's 6 month check up.  I had gotten a gift card to Macy's from my parents for my birthday. The Macy's there was horrible! I love Macy's but everything there was like 10 year old clearance items, seriously!
We came home and made healthy sloppy joe's (ground turkey instead of hamburger) and Thomas made a wonderful salad.  There is this program here called Bountiful Baskets and you sign up each week for a basket with tons of fruits and veggies and it's only $15.  I guess it's a bunch of people who get together to reduce the price of produce.  This week we got bananas, plums, peaches, grapes, watermelon, corn on the cob, tomatoes, lettuce, cauliflower (yuck), and cucumber.  All for $15! Such a steal.  So our salad had a bunch of fresh veggies. 

1 comment:

  1. Cute blog! And what a sweet guy you have!! The air show looks amazing! I have never been to one, but love when they have fly overs at sporting events! And I love sloppy joes - great idea to use ground turkey!!

    ReplyDelete