Friday, July 9, 2010

D.I.Y

 I tried to do a little do it yourself project and make our dresser and nightstand cute for our new apartment.  It didn't turn out exactly as planned but they are definetly an improvement.
We were really lucky to get a LOT of furniture as hand me downs from Thomas' grandpa who had just gotten remarried right around the time we got engaged.  Our side tables in the living room and coffee table are from Grandpa and a few months ago Thomas sanded and painted them black and they look really nice.
Our bedroom colors are light blue and brown and so we decided to paint the bedroom furniture brown and put on new knobs.
I forgot to take a before picture till we had sanded and primed the dresser.


Old Dresser
New dresser

Old end table
Thomas sanding an old end table.

"New" end table

 The original plan was to get some wallpaper or wrapping paper and Modge Podge it on to the drawers to dress them up a bit.  The paper I got was light blue and kind of textured so when I tried Modge Podging it it was all bumpy and I couldn't figure out how to get the edges of the paper to be straight. 

But for now I'm happy with the update.

2 comments:

  1. Hey! I love DIY projects, and yours turned out great! I actually did wallpaper a dresser last year... it's not as tricky as it seems surprisingly. (I don't know much about modge podging) And that same picture with the gray dresser was my inspiration! Funny stuff

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's awesome! I'm a wreck at DIY projects!

    ReplyDelete