Sunday, July 18, 2010

Sometimes Running Sucks

This weekends long run was horrible! I haven't had a run like that in a long time and it made me nervous, like I'm not improving.  I know I shouldn't be so hard on myself.  First of all, Saturday night we went with Briana and Ivan to a campout.  Such yummy food! It was barbequed pork, fresh salsa, corn tortillas, and beans.  Pretty much as soon as we got there though my vision got all blurry in one eye.  I thought it was just because of all the campfire smoke.  We stayed for about an hour and then left cause my head started hurting pretty bad.  As soon as we got home I layed on the futon and tried to fall asleep.  But before I fell asleep my right hand went tingly and numb.  And then the top right side of my face went numb and tingly.  Once that happened I was pretty sure I had a migraine.  I haven't had a migraine in like 10 years.  So I decided not to do my long run on Saturday and did it instead on Sunday morning. 
I got to about 2 1/2 miles of the 6 miles I was planning to do and then had to walk.  I've been getting really dizzy and lightheaded a lot lately.  I'm not sure why.  Could be the elevation, could be low blood pressure, stress, I don't know.  But I'd run for a bit and then have to stop cause I'd feel light headed.  So my run was more like a run/walk and took me a long time.  But it's done. 
6 miles @ 12:40/mile pace  YIKES! That's about three minutes slower than I normally would run my long runs.  I just hope it was just a hard week and gets better.

2 comments:

  1. you need to be careful! you should go to the doctor, it's scary when things start going numb! I'm training for a half marathon and I feel the same way about not improving, but then I have to tell myself to just be patient, and that each day you're improving little by little :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are so right...sometimes it just SUCKS!!! Not every run can be a great one, but it sounds like you learned a lot and toughed it out--and those are often more valuable runs than the easy/feels great ones!

    ReplyDelete