Monday, July 19, 2010

Running Relief

I finally felt good running today.  Ran on the treadmill while Thomas got buff lifting weights.  I love being able to see him through the mirror while I'm running, he's so darn cute! I really like working on speed, it's the endurance that gets me.  When I work on changing my speeds up in a workout it tricks my mind into not knowing how much I'm running.  For example, today I ran 4.5 miles and the time flew by because I kept switching the speeds up:
1 mile @ 8:15
Rest .5 mile @ 10:54
1 mile @ 8:15
Rest .5 mile @ 10:54
Repeat the following 6 times:
200 meters @ 7:54
Rest 200 meters @ 10:54
Total Distance: 4.5 miles
Total time: 41:41
Incline: 1.0
I was super sweaty afterwards but felt great! No dizziness today. 
In none running related news, I'm getting excited for my birthday on Thursday.  I'm turning the big 2-4!  I honestly still feel like I'm still 21. I think I remember last year saying I still felt 19.  So I'm feeling older, but still not feeling my age.  We are going to have a little dinner over at my sister's house. My brother in law Ivan is going to barbeque some carne asada.  Thomas and I are making the homemade salsa and of course there will be beans and tortillas.  YUM! And I put Thomas in charge of the cake and he ordered it today.  I requested a Dora the Explorere cake. I'm excited to see if my request is granted.
Today we went to a taco wagon that is just a block or so away and had a carne asada enchilad and rice and beans.  So delicious! I love mexican food! I think God probably had a hard time deciding what race to make me but in the end he knew that if I were mexican I'd be muy gordita cause the food is so delish so he made me white. 

2 comments:

  1. Great workout! Glad you're feeling better. Your birthday plans sound fun! Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. good job on the intervals!

    ReplyDelete