Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Happy B-day Bea!

The past two weeks on Tuesday, when the training schedule has said 3-4 miles or Rest, I have decided to do some cross training and have swam.  As per recommendation of Endurance Isn't Only Physical, I have kickboarded for 30-40 min.  and then I will tread water for about six minutes and then swim a few laps free style.  Swimming is hard! It's like running but with more resistance and having your face under water most of the time.  Right now I can go 4 lengths of the pool without stopping and that is a struggle.  So I'm going to try and increase the lengths of the pool that I can do without stopping each week.  Someday I hope to do a sprint triathalon so this will help me for the future. 
Today we celebrate my little sister Bea's birthday.  I made tex-mex nachos and crock pot garlic and parsely corn on the cob. Since it was Bea's 21st of course we had to have some margaritas (virgin). Yum! And then we had homemade triple chocolate cake.  It was seriously the best cake I have EVER had.  Great job Ivan!

Crock Pot corn on the cob, easy and delish.

The Pascual family

Alex liked helping his mommy open presents.

We got Bea framed pics of them from our wedding.  Alex was only a week old!

Bea got a little camera shy when she was about to blow out the candles.

She was determined to blow out all the candles in one breath.
I also got to go and redeem my gift certificate for a pedicure.  They put some mango stuff in the water and it smelled so wonderful! One hour of foot massaging bliss.  I love pedicures.  You just feel more feminine and cute when your feet look and feel cute. The girl who did my pedicure was so cute and so fun to talk to and it turns out her dad was one of my proffesors and she's getting married in a week.  I love getting to know new people.

2 comments:

  1. Swimming is such a great workout! I love it, but have highlights, and am afraid they might turn green, so I don't swim as often as I would like.

    Looks like a fun bday party - and I LOVE pedicures too! ... how cool that you had a connection with the girl, I love when that happens. It's such a small world!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the swimming idea. I think I am going to start it up since it is low impact and what not. Loved the birthday pics. Seemed like a great night!

    ReplyDelete