Sunday, August 1, 2010

Weekend with the fam

As I mentioned before, my parents were in town this weekend.  Saturday morning was a 5 miler.  I felt slow cause I had run 11 miles the day before.  Usually I do my long runs on Saturday but decided to get it done early so I could enjoy more free time on Saturday.  I'm wondering if the training plans has me do five miles the day before to get me a little sore so I'm used to running through soreness.  Which I think is a good idea cause then when it is race day and I have had a low mileage week my legs feel uncharacteristically fresh. 
Saturday we spent the afternoon at the park with my parents, Bea, Ivan, and Alex.  Then we did some running around.  Girls went to Walmart and boys went to the gun stores. We rented a Redbox, The Blind Side, this is the second time I had seen it and loved it just as much as the first time.  For dinner we went to Texas Roadhouse.  I love that place! They give you fresh rolls and cinnamon butter while you are waiting for your food and peanuts that you crack open and then throw the shells on the floor. I got baby back ribs and steak fries.  YUM!
Today my parents came to church with us and afterwards we met up with Bea and Ivan and our friends Rachel and Rob for a hot dog roast at Beaver Dick park.  It was a perfect evening and we had a great time chatting and eating.  I love summer and the fresh fruit you can get.  We have eaten a lot of watermelon lately and it's so ripe and juicy. 

No comments:

Post a Comment