Saturday, August 14, 2010

New Running Buddy!

My speed this week has been pretty much non-existant.  Actually my track workout this week went really well and I hit all of my times.  But my longer mid-week runs have just been inconsistant and I've had to take walk breaks.  I don't know if it's a mental thing or a physical thing or both.  I think a lot of it is mental.  I'm just getting bored of running by myself the same routes.  And this training period I'm not going for a PR or anything, just doing it to stay in shape and to keep me occupied until school starts. 
Monday: 2x1200 @ 8:15/mile with 600 jogging rest in between reps
               4x400 @ 8:00/mile with 200 jogging rest in between reps
               4x200 @ 7:45/mile with 100 walking rest in between reps
Total= 4.5 miles
Tuesday: Jillian Michaels Yoga Video
                 30 minute bike ride
Wednesday: 4 miles @ 9:10 ( I was going for race pace which is 8:53, but it wasn't happening.)
                      .5 mile rest
                     .5 mile @ 8:05 ( I was going for 10K pace which is about 8:15/mile)
                      .25 rest
                     2 miles @ 10:27 (Again this was supposed to be race pace! YIKES!)
Total- 7.25 miles
Thursday: Rest
Friday: 6 miles @ 10:38
There was no goal time for this but I wanted to keep it under 10:00/miles. Didn't quite make it. To challenge myself instead of walking up the hills and running the flats I switched it up and ran the hills, walked the flats the last 2.5 miles or so.  There were a lot of hills.
Saturday: 12 miles @ 10:00
Ran a hilly route with a new running buddy Karlee!!! It was so great running with somebody again.  No ipod just good conversation.  The first six miles were kind of rough but I knew I didn't want to stop and make Karlee stop.  The last six miles flew by! It was awesome.  I'm so excited.  Karlee is running the Mesa Falls Half Marathon too.  I really wanted somebody to run the race with and now I do.  So happy.

1 comment:

  1. Congrats on the new running buddy. I just wish I could talk and run at the same time!

    ReplyDelete