Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Alex's First Birthday

My first nephew (I have two) had his first birthday this past Monday.  Alex loves Elmo so that was the theme of the party.  The party was at a local park and the weather was a perfect 70 degrees. 
My sister Bea did an excellent job of decorating.  Even had an Elmo birthday book for guests to sign.




Is he not the cutest thing EVER!?

We tried to get a picture of all the toddlers but this is what happened. Could you imagine having multiples?

My baby sister and her baby.

So happy and cute sittin in Nana's lap.


He crushed that elmo cupcake.

That cake was HUGE! My mom made it and did an amazing job.

Alex really liked eating that cake.

Thomas and the elmo pinata head.  Alex started screaming when he saw the elmo pinata get destroyed.

This si the individual cupcake my mom made for Alex to dive into.

Goldfish treats.  I think I ate more than all of the kids combined.

Elmo has a pet fish named Dorothy so this was one of the decorations.


Me and Preston
 So Preston's mom Natalie and I met while volunteering in Ecuador.  I randomly ran into her at the park a week or so ago and now her and I and her hubby and Thomas have hung out a couple times.  I invited them to Alex's birthday cause Preston is only 2 months older than Alex.  Turns out that they actually allready knew my sister and her husband cuase they lived upstairs from them about a year ago when Alex was born! It's a small world!
Natalie and her hubby Jacob

Alex didn't want to open any more presents after he opened this soccer ball. 


Alex's abuelo from Mexico gave him money to get a gift and they got this battery operated car.  The kid can push a button on the stearing wheel to make it go or the adult can push it and steer with the yellow handle.  Preston just took off on it!

Shower time after getting messy with the cake.
I love baby Alex so much and can't wait to continue to see his personality come out as he grows.  Happy Birthday Baby Alex!

1 comment: