Thursday, August 5, 2010

Family Pics

A couple weeks ago I decided that I wanted us to get one year pictures for our one year anniversary.  Growing up our family got pictures taken at Sears every year, usually around Christmas time.  There always ended up being tons of tears (that's what you get when you have 4 daughters).  But looking back I'm glad we did it.  I love looking back at those family pictures and seeing how we all grew and changed over the years.  So although it's just Thomas and I in our little family, we are going to carry on that tradition.
I posted on the schools Bulletin Board website that I was looking for a photographer and got a bunch of responses.  I chose somebody and last night we got our one year pictures taken.  I found that spot when I was running.  It was out near wheat and potato fields and a railroad track and country road.  I can't wait to see the results!
Our first attempt at taking engagement pics didn't go so well.  The lady went to church with our parents and had just gotten a fancy new camera and wanted some practice.  YIKES! I didn't know I could look that un-photogenic! So I ended up throwing those pics out and my mom just took us out to the local arboretum and we got some decent shots. 
This time I feel very confident in how they will turn out.  Our photographer had a website with some of the pics she's taken and they were super cute.  She was great at giving us direction and also letting us give input.  Thomas doesn't like taking pics, but even he had a good time.  I can't wait to see them!
Here is our latest family picture that we had taken this past December at the local museum.

Our family is always playing games so we incorporated that into the photo shoot.



Mom and Dad and their four daughters.

1 comment: