Monday, January 17, 2011

Three day weekend

I have a lesson plan overload! I think about the lessons I'm working on all day and then when I go to bed at night I dream about them.  Thank goodness for a long weekend to try and get everything done before classes start again.
This Saturday we spent another day snowboarding at Kelly Canyon. More improvement on my toeside heelside skills.  Actually right as we were leaving we were going down a little decline and I started to be able to switch from one side to the other without making a huge turn beforehand.  We saw the cutest little guy who had to have been 3-4 years old and about 3 1/2 feet tall just cruisin down the hill on his snowboard.  He was so little that even if he would have crashed he wouldn't have had very far to fall.  Adorable.

Saturday night we watched nephew Alex while his parents went an a date and got to catch up on Grey's Anatomy on Netflix.  Last year we rented some of the seasons and got to about season 6 but stopped there, so now we are watching the current season plus catching up. 
One of my friends I met in class last semester, Kelsey and her husband Brandon came over for dinner and games Sunday evening.  We had yummy cajun chicken pasta, salad, and asiago sourdough bread (courtesy of Great Harvest, we got a card for a free loaf in our goody bags from the 5K we ran on New Years Eve). We all played some Guitar Hero (Kelsey was on medium level! The rest of us were all on easy) and we played monopoly deal and phase 10.  Kelsey and her husband are really fun to hang out with and we are excited to spend more time with them.  Thomas slipped up a bit on Friday and offered to take somebody's shift Sunday night.  Then he realized that we had made plans to have friends over and tried to switch back but it was too late.  Luckily he was able to go in a little later so that he could hang with us some. He has assured me that before switching any shifts he will check with me first now :)

3 comments:

  1. We made it to your blog! :) We had a blast! Brandon asked me to make that cajun chicken pasta for dinner for him sometime. We really liked it. Thanks for the invite again. We will have to hang out again.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, how fun! Good thing you got everything done! Sounds like you had fun with Brandon and Kelsey. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like fun!! And Grey's Anatomy is awesome! I haven't seen an episode in AGES- getting withdrawal symptoms now! :P

    P.S. Thank you so much for your lovely comment on my sad post! It meant a lot :)

    ReplyDelete