Monday, January 3, 2011

Snow Hiking

Today we were all ready to go snowboarding.  I put a meal in the crockpot so it would be all ready when we got home tired and hungry. We were all bundled up and about 30 minutes away from home when Thomas says "Oh dang! Kelly Canyon is closed on Mondays!".  Haha I even remember him commenting about that last week when we went up there snowboarding but it didn't even cross my mind that we had plans to go on a Monday. I think I would have normally been pretty bummed but we have plans to go snowboarding tomorrow as well. Rather than turn back home we decided to go and see if we could find a trail to hike.  We found a cross country/ snowshoe trail that was an excellent hiking trail.  It was so steep I was breathing like I was running rather than walking.   

 I love going on hikes with my lover cause it's a great way to get exercise while chatting away.  One of the first times we really had a deep conversation was on a hike in Washington on nasty creek road (I'm not joking, it's actually called that). 
Thomas had the great idea to make snow angels when we were taking a breather.  I can't remember the last time I made a snow angel.  They turned out pretty darn good.



We made it to the top after about 45 minutes or so and we realized we were at the top of the ski hill! We ended up right next to lift #1.  The view was worth the hilly climb and it was really fun taking pictures.



 We even got to pretend we were ski patrol.  Kelly Canyon ski lifts are really scary.  They don't slow down at all when you get on our off of them.  When you get on it you have to lift your board up parallel to the ground because there is a slope upwards, I don't know why. 

So today we totally made lemonade out of lemons.  We had a very fun unplanned day hiking in the snow and taking fun pictures.

No comments:

Post a Comment