Monday, January 10, 2011

Start of the school week

Today was my first Monday of the semester and it went great. It was kind of hard waking up to workout (Jillian's No More Trouble Zones) but of course 5 minutes into the workout I felt good and was happy with my choice.  I hope all Mondays can be this good.  It seemed like each of my classes went by super fast.  I had class from 9am-3pm with a break from 1-2pm for lunch.  I brought a lunch from home and just ate it in the student hub area and did a little homework at the same time.  I love multi-tasking. 
My spanish methods teaching is really funny.  I saw him on campus last semester and mentioned I was taking a class from him and he let me know it was a boring class but he tries to make it interesting.  Today he was talking about different foriegn language associations we can join as teachers.  After awhile he said "I see you guys are getting bored.  I'm going to tell you a story and it involves sex."  He paused and then said "I knew that would wake you up."  His story was just a funny story about him being at one of these foriegn language associations' conferences and he got stuck in the elevator with two drunk texas women who were half dressed and how they followed him to his room and to get them off of him he told them "Well I have to meet a couple women now *wink wink*." And he left them at the door. 
In my P.E. methods class we signed up for the subject we wanted to teach coming up and I chose yoga.  I'm pretty excited about that but apparently the big burly basketball player girl next to me wasn't because when the teacher called out my name and I said I would be teaching yoga she groaned really loud.  She of course chose ball handling skills.  I now vow to work that girls booty off so she never groans again when the word yoga comes up.  I'm guessing she thinks it is a sissy workout.  I'll show her otherwise :)
Last night we had a fun time at Bea and Ivan's house.  They invited us over for dinner and games to thank us for watching their cat while they were gone for the latter half of christmas break.  Ivan grilled ribs and they were delish! I love me some ribs! We played Yahtzee and Apples to Apples and a little bit of Wii bowling, cycling, and table tennis.  I can't believe that in the two weeks that I haven't seen Alex he has grown so much :( He says cheese so perfectly it's adorable.  Love that little guy.

1 comment:

  1. It sounds like school is going to be good this term for you and man is your nephew adorable! Love to see that someone is still doing Jillian. Hopefully that will be me shortly after Landon comes. I signed up to run the 10k in Wenatchee in April, not enough time to get in shape for the half.

    ReplyDelete