Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Toeside

I used to always blog about running and now it seems like I always blog about snowboarding.  But trust me running outside in the winter in southern Idaho is danger.  Yesterday it was -1 degrees out! So freezing.  Luckily while snowboarding you stay pretty warm.  The coldest part of boarding is going up on the lift.  We went to Wyoming again to Grand Targhee.  Last time we went there wasn't the best experience because we went on so many runs that were too advanced for my ability level.  Yesterday we found a perfect run for me and I was really getting the hang of going from heelside to toeside! Finally!
Today is my last day of vacation before winter semester starts.  Yikes! One of my professors already sent us an assignment.  Grrrr, that kind of drives me nuts.  Just let us enjoy our last days of freedom.  It's the same professor who made me cry last semester and who I swore I would never take another class from.  Really that is the only class that I'm really stressed about because I dreaded his class last semester so much.  Isn't it interesting how a good teacher can make an uninteresting subject fun while a bad teacher can make any subject horrible? That class is my senior practicum, where I will be in an elementary class two days a week teaching all day and then have a seminar for two hours one night a week.  I've decided that what I am going to focus on is not this mean teacher but focus on myself as a teacher and the students I am teaching.  I just want to help the students to learn and enjoy school and be inspiried.  I'm not going to stress about busy work or a mean professor I am going to focus on what really is important and that is that my students learn and that I am becoming the kind of teacher that I am supposed to be. 

2 comments:

  1. Awww, I hate those kinds of teachers. Hang in there, Linds!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lindsey! Oh my word, I'm so glad you commented on my blog today! I was looking for your blog forever, and couldn't remember the name or find you anywhere in my reader:( I'm so happy to hear from you, I hope all is well with you and your hubby!

    ReplyDelete