Saturday, January 8, 2011

Saturday is a special day

Great Saturday today.  We were going to go snowboarding but Thomas and I both decided we just wanted to chill out at home. We slept in till 10am and then went on a two mile run around the new indoor track.  The track makes you feel super fast and it's so nice being able to run where it's warm and not on a treadmill. After running we decided to play a little one on one basketball on one of the ten new courts.  My body is not use to short bursts of energy like basketball requires so it's good to switch it up a bit.  Then we played a little soccer on one of the indoor courts.  It's so good to have a fun workout like that with lots of variety.
Once we got home we hung out on the couches watching the Seahawks play the Saints.  I fell asleep during halftime and most of the third quarter.  Playing basketball wore me out, I felt the same way I feel after a long run during half marathon training.  I woke up in time to see the underdog Seahawks win :)

This evening we went to the cheap theater and saw the movie "The Social Network". Both Thomas and I really liked it.  It's crazy how facebook went from a college only thing to an everybody including parents and grandparents things.  I wonder if it will still be around when our kids are our age. 

1 comment:

  1. You two are so cute! I love how you do things together often. I wish Yakima had more things to do! Jeremy and I never get enough time to spend together alone. I also really want to see 'The Social Network'. I think it'll fade out by the time our kids are grown, but you never know what new fad will be in!

    ReplyDelete