Friday, January 28, 2011

Why men die before woman

I love some of the things the kids at school say, sometimes it's really hard not to laugh.  There is one boy who loves to ask questions, especially during social studies time.  The other day the class was discussing demographics and population.  The topic came up of death and how men usually die earlier than women.  One of the students suggested that was because men were naturally more stressed out than women because of their jobs. I don't think that's the case with Thomas and I.  Poor guy, I think every day I come home and tell him how stressed out I am. In fact the other night laying in bed I could not fall asleep because I was worrying about all the things I needed to accomplish that week.  When I get stressed to a certain point I have this half sob/ half cry.  It starts as a wimper because my mind and body hurt cause of the stress but then turns into a laugh because the wimper is so funny.  Thomas massaged my neck and gave me a back rub to prevent an all out breakdown.  Anyways, my cooperating teacher began to talk about how men hold in their emotions while women talk about it and cry and let it out.  Our question loving student then seriously asks "Well what about gay relationships?" Mr. Bates just let him know we wouldn't be going into that now or any time in the future. 
This past Thursday I taught four out of the five classes.  I find that the day goes by much more quickly when I'm teaching.  I also find my feet hurt big time at the end of the day :) I'm really grateful I have a teacher who allows me to teach a lot.  We are in the third week of our practicum and there are some students who only get to teach one subject a day and then spend the rest observing or making copies for the teacher and grading papers.  One student even told me that this week she has just sat there all day while their teacher has played three movies.  I'm really glad for the chance to teach so often. 

1 comment:

  1. Hahaha, I once heard a comedian going off about how men die. Each obituary states, '...he was survived by his wife of fifty years...'

    Sounds like you're having a good time teaching! :)

    ReplyDelete