Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Middle School

I found out today where I will be teaching for my senior practicum. First of all it will be at a middle school! WHAT?! I totally wasn't expecting that since I'm an elementary ed. major.  And my coordinating teacher is the 6th grade math teacher.  And it is a male.  I just have to laugh at my luck because I have NEVER had a math teacher that I have liked.  Let's hope this guy is the exception :) I am excited though because I thought I woudl be placed in Idaho Falls which is 45 minutes away but the middle school I'm teaching at is just about a mile away from our apartment.  That will save a lot of time, time that I can spend doing lesson plans :)
I remember in 6th grade at my elementary school we had a student teacher.  His name was Mr. Morita and I was in love with him.  He played football at Idaho State University and was so fun.  I cried the day he left and I cried when he came back to visit. Hopefully I can have that much of an influence on my students. 
I got this picture off of facebook.  I guess he is the football coach at UAlbany.

1 comment:

  1. Hey, which teacher is it? I went to Madison Middle School, i'm guessing that's where you'll be!

    ReplyDelete