Wednesday, January 5, 2011

I forgot the first day of school!

So tonight around 7pm I am looking at people's status updates on facebook and one of my classmates had written "Survived the first day of classes." WHATTTTT!!!!??? I thought classes started tomorrow.  So I hurry and call my sister who also attends school here and ask her "Did classes start today!?" Yep they did.  I cannot believe that I didn't realize it.  For some reason I had it in my mind that they started on Thursday.  Thomas and I even went on campus today to check out the new fitness center and indoor track (amazing by the way).  We both commented on how it was so weird how many people were on campus with backpacks.  I just thought they were picking up their books and parking permits.  I honestly can't believe I slipped up like this.  It's like a nightmare where you miss a big test or race or something.
I e-mailed all of my teachers and looked online at the syllabi so that I could get caught up.  But darn that counts as an absence and most teachers don't let you miss more than twice or you drop a letter grade.  Let's hope I stay healthy. 
Right now I'm okay about it and not freaking out too bad.  I had a fun day at home with Mr. Lover Boy and missing the first day isn't the worst day to miss.  At least I didn't miss a final. 

3 comments:

  1. I can't believe you missed the first day of classes! I'd be freaking out, but it looks like you have it under control. Too funny that you were actually on campus. :)

    As for Jillian's 6 Week 6 Pack...I've done Level 1 twice. I get it on the Exercise On Demand channel. I LOVED it! Level 1 is about 35 minutes long. It has a warm up and then you start the workout. After about 17 minutes, you start the entire workout over, but at a faster pace. It is standing abs, floor abs, and quite a bit of cardio. I was a sweaty mess when I finished. Can't wait to do it again. I totally recommend it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is a little bit hilarious. I would have been stressed but it will be a funny story to tell later. Maybe that's why that professor assigned homework already :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG! I know how you feel! Except, I've never really gone to college, except to pick someone up, but I've been late many a times to other things. I hope the rest of the semester goes better for you!!!

    ReplyDelete