Monday, November 8, 2010

Personal Discipleship Project

For the religion class that I am taking right now every two weeks we submit a proposal for the next two weeks personal discipleship project.  Basically what this project is, is you choose a scripture and based on that scripture decide on a project that will help you be a better follower of Christ.  Some of my projects have been; getting in touch with people I taught on my mission, going to the temple once a week, and reading scriptures with my hubby and saying prayers together while on vaction.  This week I found a scripture about being grateful and made it my goal to say in every single prayer for the next two weeks at least three sincere things that I am grateful for that day and to post at least ten blogs documenting these things.  So today is day number one of being grateful.  I thought this was a very appropriate project considering the holiday season that is coming up. 
D&C 59:7 Thou shalt thank the Lord thy God in all things.
The three things that I am grateful for today:
#1.  Thomas is done working nights for a week or so.  This means I get to spend lots of time with him. Tonight we went grocery shopping together and grocery shopping is so much better with him along side me.
#2.  It snowed a good four inches today and this means snowboarding season is coming quickly!
#4 We had such a yummy warm meal for dinner tonight, easy chili and cornbread with butter and honey.  Warmed my insides and made both Thomas and I so happy.

4 comments:

  1. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tuwid8_O8dk&feature=player_embedded

    just saw this a couple seconds before reading your new blog post :) i'm thankful for you for being such a great trainer. love u mum! :)

    adele xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay, I am excited to read your 10 blogs. Nice new car, we looked at Vues too. . . congrats! Also, you should send me your easy chili recipe, Rob randomly told me the other day that he would like me to make chili for him some day. haha.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Adele are you not on facebook anymore? I can't find you!? What is your e-mail so we can stay in touch. I loved that youtube video. It reminded me of how much I have to be thankful for.

    ReplyDelete
  4. How, what a good idea! I love the concept of your classes project.

    ReplyDelete