Friday, November 19, 2010

Almost Thanksgiving Break!

Even though I'm officially done with my ten days of thankfulness, that little project made we want to continue to remember the things that I have to be thankful for.  I'm thankful that yesterday I was featured on one of my favorite bloggers, skinnyrunner's, blog! See it here.
This morning I got up bright and early along with my honey who had to go to work.  I was up to go meet my group for a group project.  We made a podcast for our hispanic civilizations class about the state of our countries we are studying, Venezuela and Colombia.  Everybody was pretty much ready to go with there parts so it only took about an hour to put together.  Since I am getting and endorsement in spanish this is my second to the last spanish class I am taking.  I'll be honest, I don't really enjoy history.  It's kind of interesting but all the dates and people get jumbled together in my head and I have a really hard time remembering them after the test.
 Since we were done an hour and a half before my class started this morning I went to Jamba Juice and got a low-cal Mango Mantra smoothie.  I have been on a smoothie kick lately. I have such a sweet tooth and smoothies satisfie it in a healthy way. 
I have been really good lately about doing either a Jillian Michaels or Bob Harper workout video every morning during the week, plus my weight training class.  I rotate weeks with Jillian and Bob being my trainer :) This next week I'm taking Bob with me to Washington and my goal is to stay on track while on vacation. 
This is only the second year that the university has had the whole week of Thanksgiving off and for that I am truly grateful.  I'll be leaving this afternoon for Boise caravaning with my sister and her fam. We are staying at a friend's house for the night and then making the rest of the trip to Washington on Saturday. Poor Thomas has to work till Sunday so he is coming up Monday. I'm so glad I can be homework and stress free for a week!

2 comments:

  1. Hi ! Came over via skinnyrunner. I too am a teacher (special education). All my students are Spanish speakers, but me. They are kind enough to tell me the curse words. Ahh 4th graders what can you do :).

    Cant wait to read about some of your running adventures!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lindsay - I also found you on SR - I looked at your wedding picture and knew that you had to have been married in the Temple - my question for you is which Temple was it? That fountain is so beautiful!

    Jodi

    ReplyDelete