Friday, May 14, 2010

First week half marathon training

After the half in May I took a week "off" by just running a couple days and doing Jillian.  Then I did a couple weeks of training for the 10K that was last weekend.  And this week it was time to start half training again.  I'm liking this new program that I found on runners world.  When I ran my first marathon I did the beginners plan and this one is the intermediate plan.  For the Wenatchee half I did the Ryan Hall half marathon plan.  This one has me running 5 days a week instead of four. 
Here was this weeks workouts:
Monday: 2x [1200 (600 recovery jog), 800 (400 recovery jog), 400 (200 recovery jog)]
Tuesday: 2 miles easy with Thomas, Jillian No More Trouble Zones
Wednesday: 3 miles with hills ( I read in a running magazine that on hills you should shorten your stride and slow your pace down on hills.  While that may work for some it doesn't for me.  It just seems like it makes the pain last longer and discourages me and makes me want to walk.  And rather just keep my pace up and get the hill over with.)
Thursday: Off
Friday: 5x Yasso 800's, Pilates for Flexibility (It's totally helping so that my hip and knee don't hurt now when I run).
Saturday: 8 mile long run

2 comments:

  1. Looks good!!! Let me know how you like the Yasso 800s...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, good luck with your training! Do you like Jillian's "No More Trouble Zones?" I have it, but it is definitely not one of my favorite Jillian videos!

    ReplyDelete