Thursday, July 28, 2011

Hidden Springs

Today we went to a new spot for mountain biking called Hidden Springs.  I got a book called "Mountain Biking in Boise" and it has information on tons of different trails and routes around the area. This area happens to be where the duathlon  I am doing in September will be.  This route was supposedly 6 miles but we both estimated it was only about four, which is still plenty.  It was straight up right from the get go which I kind of liked because my legs were fresh.  It was a big loop and so the last part was a big downhill on a paved road and we felt like we were flying, in contrast to feeling like we were crawling as we go uphill.  At one point on the ride I went over a big rock and was kind of knocked off my seat and the bar of the bike went in my private area. I was scared of this happening cause Thomas had told me about a guy coming in to the ER and the seat of his bike had come off his bike and the metal part went up his butt.  And I just started reading the book "The Long Run" and the guy gets hit by a bus while commuting in New York and the bike went through his private parts. It hurt for a minute though and we ran on.  It just goes to show though that a lot of what we think comes to pass. 
I love the burn that comes from mountain biking, my quads and lungs were feeling it big time.


1 comment: