Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Summer break

I'll be honest and say I have been getting pretty bored being home by myself while on summer break.  I knew that after a week or so I would get tired of watching Bravo, reading blogs, and laying by the pool (okay I'm still not bored of that).  To keep myself entertained for eight hours while Thomas "brings home the cheese" as he like to say :) I have been going on daily bike rides to places like the library, or Kohls to try on swimsuits, or Hastings where I had a gift card.  I workout in the morning and then will clean the apartment, read, lay by the pool, and watch HLN about the Casey Anthony trial.  I really do enjoy it but it's always nicer to have somebody else to do those things with.  So I love it when Thomas gets home from work.

Last night we had dinner right when he got home.  I made these meatballs from a recipe from one of the Biggest Loser cookbooks.  Thomas nicknamed them "atomic bombs" because they were SO spicy.  Then we road our bikes a few miles to get frozen yogurt.  We have been excited to fill up our punch card so we can get our free cup of froyo, we are planning on loading that baby up.  I hope they don't have a limit on how many ounces you can get.  After froyo we stopped at Dick's sporting goods to just browse around.  My mom was joking with me at the beginning of the summer that I should get a part time job there so I could get an employee discount.  Now I am thinking that I should have.  There were so many cool accessories for our bikes that we want and cool camping gear and just outdoor stuff that would be fun to have.  Finally we realized they were about to close and we rushed out of there to get home on our bikes before it got dark.  I love summer bike rides and frozen yogurt.  We have also been loving the Sno Cone Shack that is only a half mile down the road from our apartment.  I always get half tigers blood and then some other flavor too. 

Went to the dentist today and the hygienist scraped the heck out of my teeth! They still tingle from all that scraping.  I had to hold in a laugh as she was scraping because I remembered a conversation Thomas and I had a year or so ago after our dentist appointments:  My hygeinist was sitting there telling me the whole time she was cleaning my teeth all these scary stories about how if you have gingivitis and your gums bleed that is a sign you will have a pre-term baby.  I let her know that I wasn't pregnant and wasn't planning on being pregnant any time soon.  She then goes on to tell me how bad smoking is for your teeth and the health of your baby.  Again I told her that I wasn't pregnant and that I don't smoke.  She just ignored me and kept on with her warnings.  So then she was saying that my gums were bleeding so I probably had gingivitis and should use mouthwash. I always thought it was weird that my gums bleed when I go to the dentist because when I floss they normally don't and I am a diligent flosser.  I'm sure dentists think that's B.S. when patients tell them that but I honestly floss on average seven days a week.  Anyways, I told Thomas about the gum bleeding and he was like "well YA your gums are going to bleed when they are sitting there digging a pointy metal stick at your gums". And that's why I had to laugh when the hygienist was just scraping away. 

No comments:

Post a Comment