Friday, July 8, 2011

Keeping on, Keeping on

We went mountain biking this morning since Thomas didn't have to be to work until 3pm.  This time we went to a different part of the foothills called the military reserve.  OH MY GOSH! The first part was sooooo hilly.  My lungs were burning so bad, my throat got that metallic taste in it, and my heart was seriously pounding out of my chest.  I haven't felt that tired since running sweet 16's at basketball practice in Junior High.  Mountain biking is such a cardiovascular challenge.  I used my Garmin watch and timed and measured the distance and I really could run faster than I can mountain bike :) I love having a new workout to do and a new challenge for my body.  We are planning on going up again tomorrow after yoga in the park. 
In other news... I am trying to not go totally out of my mind by being at home every day by myself while Thomas is at work.  I will bike to the library which is like 6 miles away or to Albertson's which is only about a mile away.  I'm reading a lot and I have became entranced by HLN's coverage of the Casey Anthony trial.  I keep telling myself I need to stop watching it because it makes me upset but I can't stop.  As Thomas and I have been discussing that trial as well as other things that are going on in the world today, I have come to the conclusion that common sense is not used any more.  People are all about the letter of the law rather than the spirit of the law and so common sense is just disregarded.  It's kind of a scary thing. 

Last week I noticed that there appeared to be little flecks of dirt on the stove.  I wiped them off with a clorox wipe and then an hour or so late I noticed they were there again.  As I looked closer I saw they were moving! So I called the office and they said they would have maintance look at it.  The maintance guy came and didn't really do much but he sent the pest control guy.  Apparently they are bird mites!!!! A bird nested in some airway and when it left the mites tried to find someplace else to get food and came through the fan/vent above the stove! So gross! They are little parasites that live on birds.  I could hardly eat for two days because it grossed me out so bad.  They sprayed something and cleaned out the vent of the bird next stuff and if it doesn't get better in a couple days they said to call again. 


No comments:

Post a Comment