Saturday, July 2, 2011

Mountain biking

We have been going to bed super late now that I am done with student teaching so I had good intentions to wake up and go to yoga in the park but alas when the alarm went off I just couldn't do it.  But we did wake up in time to get ourselves to the downtown farmer's market.  It was twice as packed as it normally is and seemed to have more vendors than normal.  We got some spreadable peppercorn goat cheese. YUM! Then we headed to the foothills to initiate ourselves into the art of mountain biking.  My quads were burning! I'm almost positive I can run faster up the mountain than I can mountain bike :) My heart was just pounding out of my heart up some of those hills.  It was awesome though and we are going to try to go a little farther each time.  Going downhill can be pretty scary, it totally reminds me of going down a steep slope when snowboarding.  You don't want to put your brakes on too hard and biff it but it's scary just letting yourself go with gravity. 

I am just loving summertime.  Bike riding reminds me so much of my childhood.  We had a dead end street with a big hill that we would ride up and then turn around and cruise down as a kid.  I remember loving going to the public library as a kid too.  So I've combined my love and biking and the library and yesterday rode the 5 or so miles to the library.  We've also been enjoying lying out by the pool and jumping in to cool off then jumping out to get our tans on :)

1 comment:

  1. You guys sure know how to have fun!!! Mountain biking is Kens favorite thing EVER but I think I've converted him to horseback riding..leave the thigh burning to the horses HA!!

    Emerson and Tabitha are living in Rigby. He's still going to BYU-I and is almost done. Too bad you guys aren't in the same town!!

    ReplyDelete