Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Mom and Dad's Summer Visit

Thomas getting ready to beat the heat with sunscreen on his nose.

My mom and dad came into town this past weekend for a little visit since my dad had a few days off in a row.  Saturday we barbecued ribs, corn, and baked potatoes and had some laying in the sun time by the pool.  We took our new floaty out for a spin.

After dinner our plans were to go to Roaring Springs water park but it was looking a bit cloudy so we decided instead to go downtown and watch the bike race that was going on.  The bikes go around a half mile blocked off section of the city streets and go around 100 times going 35 mph.  It made me dizzy just watching them.  Thomas was really hoping to see a crash, but no luck.  We stopped at our favorite frozen yogurt shop downtown part way through the pros race to get rid of the dizziness and enjoy summery goodness. We walked back in time to see them finish up the last few laps.  I would love to know what it feels like to bike at 35mph, probably kind of scary but exhilarating.
Sunday was church and then we headed to Ann Morrison park for Frisbee golf and ladder ball.  We played on teams, my dad and I against Thomas and my mom.  While playing we saw a HUGE frog and a gopher that my dead said he was going to get with his pocket knife cause in his words "gophers are bad Linds" (he didn't kill it).




Dad searching for the frisbee I threw in the creek.

Monday we went to a Diner's, Drive-ins, and Dives place that has Basque food in downtown Boise.  I had a lamb sandwich like thing and it was pretty good.  But what was to die for was the chocolate pudding.  It really was more of a thick pudding and had whip cream and raspberry drizzle on top.  Just a few bites and you were satisfied because it was so rich and good.
We then wandered around the downtown Boise shops before dropping Thomas off at work.
My mom and I went on a little hike up camel's back while my dad laid under a tree and whittled at a stick with his pocket knife :) Once we got home we cooled off in the pool.

My dad told me he wished Thomas wasn't working because he wanted to play some more Frisbee golf.  I think we have converted him to the sport and will be seeing him more often now.  Monday we stopped by a lot of stores and my dad got to check out some gun and army/navy surplus supply stores.  We also got some coldstone ice cream cupcakes for later that night so we could celebrate my birthday with my dad. Those were delish!

Tuesday my dad had to leave but my mom is staying.  Her and I went to the cheap theater ($1 a person!) and saw the movie "Soul Surfer".  We both loved it and my mom cried throughout the whole thing.  Very inspirational. Once Thomas got home we walked to get shave ice and then to Target to get some treats.  We ended up roasting marshmallows over the stove burners and making smores with Reese's peanut butter cups, so yummy!
My mom and I were car less today so we road our bikes about 8 miles round trip to Winco for some groceries. 


We also swung by the school I student taught at so she could get a look at it.  And it just so happens that I got a call from the principal today for an interview for next week for a 5th grade position! Wish me luck and pray for me!

1 comment: