Saturday, July 16, 2011

Picking Blueberries

While on my way to an interview in Caldwell this past Friday I noticed a sign for a little farm where you could pick your own fruit.  I almost stopped on the way back home but decided I would wait to go with Thomas.  So this morning after yoga in the park with Tess, Thomas and I headed over to pick blueberries.






They have you pay $6/adult just to go in but then deduct that amount from however much the fruit costs at the end.  I guess they figure that way if people just eat and leave, at least they have made some money.  The blueberry bushes had this big net over them so that birds wouldn't eat them all.  The farm actually has a lot of other crops too and in a couple weeks blackberries will be available to pick. They gave us a schedule and it looks like soon we will be able to pick watermelon and corn too. 
We felt like we were in Washington with all the green plants :)

No comments:

Post a Comment