Thursday, January 5, 2017

Gender Reveal

We went to Fetal Fotos for a gender ultrasound when I was 15 weeks pregnant.  It was a Saturday and the following Monday was when we were traveling to Texas.  We decided to wait to find out the gender til we got to Texas so we had the ultrasound tech put the gender pictures in a sealed envelope.
Ashley picked us up from the airport and we headed to Wal-Mart where I gave her the envelope.  She opened it inside and then bought the corresponding gender color in silly string and removed the caps before coming back to the car.

Once we got to my parents house we waited for all my sisters and their husbands and kids to arrive and then we did a countdown and on blast off we sprayed our silly string.

Thomas, Brooklyn, and I were SHOCKED to see blue!! I was fully expecting pink to come out! We are SO excited to have a little BOY!!! The boy cousins were all so happy and Alex kept suggesting we name our baby Alex.  Brooklyn just loved the whole silly string thing so I think that even though she said she wanted a sister it didn't phase her because of all the excitement of the event and having her cousins be there.
















My mom was recovering from her double mastectomy just a few days previous. So glad she was still able to enjoy the experience with us. 



3 comments:

  1. THIS IS SO CUTE. I have been wondering about all the details. Ashley for the win! How creative!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So exciting!!! I love having a boy and girls, it's the best of both worlds!! How is your mom? I had no idea, I hope she is doing well!!
    Hooray for a boy!!
    -Tess

    ReplyDelete