Monday, January 2, 2017

Christmas Day

December 25, 2016
Bea and her family spent Christmas Eve at my parents' house with us.  Brooklyn, Alex, and Emmett had a fun little sleep over in the theater room.  Not much sleeping happened as they came out multiple times after we put them to bed and Brooklyn was up and ready to open presents at 2am!! She was one excited girl!



The big presents for Brooklyn this year were her "American Girl" doll (the Target version), and her Baby Alive Baby Go Bye-Bye.  The pie face showdown game was also a big hit.






Thomas completely surprised me and bought me an Apple Watch! I'm loving it, especially for tracking my activity and being updated of texts and calls when I normally wouldn't hear my phone.

Thomas kind of got gipped this year for his big gift from me.  I had bought him a pair of Utah Jazz tickets and booked a hotel room and babysitter for a weekend in January but then we found out he will be in California the whole month of January for his clinical rotation.  Bummer. Lucky guy DID get a Pony Up Daddy that allows a comfy ride for Brooky when he gives her pony rides.





We went to an hour musical church service with my parents later in the afternoon.  Brooklyn surprised us all by hopping out of her seat and going to the front of the chapel when all the kids got up to sing.  She didn't know the song really but caught on at times and was super proud of herself.  This girl cracks me up! She won't talk to other adults when Thomas and I are around (including family) but she has no qualms about getting up in front of a crowd full of people and singing or dancing.

One of my mom's friends from her gym provided Christmas dinner for us this year and all we had to do was heat everything up.

So glad we could spend Christmas with family this year.





1 comment:

  1. I am loving that pony ride thing, so awesome! Brooky is cracking me up getting up on stage, you go girl!

    ReplyDelete