Monday, January 2, 2017

I'm BAAAACK!!!!

January 1, 2017
I've been so bad about blogging the past few months because...
I'M PREGNANT!!!!!

As of today I'm 17 weeks and starting to get over the vomiting and nausea.  Pregnancy is rough on me! Right at 6 weeks, just like when I was prego with Brooklyn, I started vomiting constantly.  Although this time it wasn't every hour it was probably every couple hours. I had looked up natural remedies to help with vomiting in pregnancy and read that eating lots of fermented food like natural sourdough bread, yogurt, sauerkraut, drinking kombucha, and taking probiotics helps balance the good bacteria in your gut which can help.  So as soon as I found out I was pregnant around four weeks I ate all the fermented food I could, got some other supplements to help and was taking those things like it was my job.  And although the symptoms were slightly lessened this time around (I didn't have to go to the ER to get IV fluids this time) I was still sick as a dog and miserable. Around eight weeks I got some medicine from my doctor that helped a bit and I'm still taking it daily (diclegis).

There were about two weeks there where I felt actually pretty depressed because it felt like it would never end and all I could focus on all day was trying not to throw up.  I missed quite a bit of work and when I did go to work would end up running to a bathroom to throw up or if we were outside run over to a bush. I felt bad not being able to keep my house as clean as I wanted and Thomas and Brooklyn were living off of frozen food cause there was no way I could cook.  I had to go downstairs when they would eat because the small made me so sick.  And then I felt guilty about feeling so down about being pregnant when we waited to so long to be able to get pregnant.

Now that I'm seeing the light as I've crawled through the misery of nausea and vomiting of pregnancy I am so incredibly grateful for a healthy body.  I feel so deeply for those that have chronic illnesses that they deal with day in and day out.

I'm still not 100% and am looking forward to the day hopefully soon when I can really enjoy food and eat without worrying about throwing up. I think with Brooklyn my appetite came back soon after 20 weeks.  My exercise at this point has been walks and of course I'm missing running and other exercise but this is what my body can handle right now.

Cravings so far this pregnancy haven't been many, mainly I go through kicks of drinking tons of orange juice or cranberry juice.

Thomas has been so great with picking up the slack while I've been sick.  He'll take care of meals for him and Brooky, takes Brooklyn out on the weekends so I can rest, does the dishes (the smell literally can make me sick), etc. I'm so glad that all of his clinical rotations have been in the area so that he can be home in the evenings.  The next two months he will be out of town for his rotations so I'm counting my lucky starts I'm feeling a lot better.

We're excited to have this little munchkin in our lives!

1 comment:

  1. Of course so excited about baby coming! You are such a sweet mama, I'm so excited for you guys.

    Husbands are the best, seriously so glad for that time to be alone with nausea. Xo

    ReplyDelete