Saturday, September 18, 2010

Mesa Falls Hike

Today started out with a 7 mile run with my friend Karlee and we had a new partner this week, Brittany.  At church last Sunday, Brittany heard me talking to another friend about running and said she was looking for a running buddy so invited her along for our Saturday long run. 
Our run was about 3.5 miles all uphill.  More hilly than last week and even faster than last week and a mile more too :) I haven't been running during the week, just doing workout videos but I still feel just fine on these weekend long runs.  I don't want to lose my mileage.  This next weekend is the Boise Women's 5K!
This afternoon we took off to Mesa Falls to go see the falls and go on a little two mile hike with Karlee and her hubby Will.  We were just there at Mesa Falls for our half marathon a month ago and already the leaves have changed color and it looks life fall.  It's beauitful.  We couldn't have asked for better weather either.
Tommy Boy outside the visitors center.

The Upper Falls.

Beauty

I love fall colors.




Will and Karlee




Afterwards we stopped to get ice cream at a cute downtown icecream parlor.

Delicous!
I love having friends who enjoy doing the same things we do.  I love the warm/cool fall weather.  I love weekends with no homework (I worked hard this week to get it all done before Saturday).

1 comment: