Sunday, September 5, 2010

Together Forever

We had a wonderful time for our little 24 hour getaway.
I got to see my best friend from elementary school Aubrey and her family at her little brother's wedding reception.
Jonathon and Amber cutting the cake

Terry, Aubrey, and I
I love this family.  They were always so kind and loving to me growing up. Terry would make us a big ol' breakfast Saturday mornings when I spent the night.  And I remember after school when I would come over she'd have some treat like home made banana bread.  Such a wonderful person.  Terry even invited Thomas and I over for Saturday morning breakfast sometime and Sunday dinner.  We are totally going to take her up on that option.
This was the groom's cake.  We totally thought it was a real guitar.
Our hotel was AMAZING!!
The Black Swan Inn

I LOVED this tub! It was so huge and had a waterfall that came down from above.

My babes and I outside the hotel.

Lovers for life
 We stayed in the caveman suite and loved the decorations.  The lighting was very dim and the fabric was all lepoard and animal print.  So cool. For breakfast they offer to have it delivered to your room and you get a bunch of selections or they give you a voucher for a local restaurant, Perkins.  We went to Perkins and had eggs, sausage, hashbrowns, and pancakes. 
We went and scoped out my childhood neighborhood Sunday morning.  It's crazy how the house I grew up in and my elementary school has not changed a bit!

Syringa Elementary where I attended from 1st to 6th grade.

The playground.  I remember staying warm in the winter in those big tires.
My old house.

The park right next to our old house.

The house from Extreme Makeover Home Edition which was right next to the hotel.

It is HUGE!!
 It was a great one year anniversary.  Can't wait for many many more anniversary's. 

1 comment: