Friday, September 10, 2010

School update and Jon Schmidt Concert

An update on my first two days of school.  It's going fantastic.  I have gone to my Thursday classes which include Literacy Practicum (where I go into a local elementary school and work with kids on reading), Science Methods, and Hispanic Civilizations.  So far so good there.  Turns out one of the girls in my Lit. Practicum class also lives in our apartment complex and her and her husband go to church with us.  She also is in my Science Methods class and in one of my Friday classes :).  Friday I just have one class, Exceptional Students.  I love now that I'm in my senior year I am taking all classes that interest me and have to do with my career.  It helps so much in my motivation to do my homework and go to class when I know the material will be applicable to my career. So far I've done well managing my time.  I watch my nephew Alex after class and try to sneak in a little homework before he gets here and since he loves being read to I'll read to him from my textbooks :) He's going to be one smart cookie.  Getting homework done seems to be a lot easier now that I'm married, no social pressures to go out with roommates or go on dates. 

Although speaking of dates, Thomas and I went on a fun date tonight.  First, we stopped at Coldstone.  I got a cup of Peanut Butter Cup Perfection and he got the Founder's Favorite.  Both excellent choices.  Then we headed to a concert on campus.  Jon Schmidt a wonderful piano player performed with cellist Steven Sharp Nelson.  So awesome! There video on YouTube of them mixing Love Story by Taylor Swift and Viva la Vida is really popular.  Thomas really liked the concert because not only do they play awesome songs but they also mix in humor.  Jon will lay on the piano bench and have his head under the piano while he plays.  I love piano music and I loved the mix of modern and classical songs. 
My sweet boy came home from work a little late Wednesday night.  I had called him around 5:15pm cause he's usually home by 5pm and asked if he had stopped to fill up on gas and he said yes.  When he walked in the door though he had a beautiful bouquet of sunflowers and tulips for me and my favorite chocolate Reeces' peanut butter cups and some sour skittles.  He told me he wanted to tell me that I'd do great in my classes and that the last year of marriage has been amazing and that the next year will be just as wonderful.  What a sweetie!

3 comments:

  1. Lindsey, I read all your blogs but am lame at commenting. . . Happy anniversary! You two are so great together. Loved your 1 year pictures. Good luck with this semester!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You guys saw Jon Schmit?!! George got on a kick where he was playing all his music so we took the boys to see him when he was in Oregon.

    What an awesome concert!! Glad you were able to go and I'm glad you are enjoying school

    ReplyDelete
  3. aww... yay!! your husband is a sweetie!! :D happy anniversary! I LOVE LOVE LOVE piano concerts as well!! :D

    ReplyDelete