Monday, September 6, 2010

Labor Day

I love lazy days with my baby cakes.  We slept in and then mozied around for a bit before heading to the campus bookstore to pick up my books.  I reserved my books online so that means they get them together for you and you just have to pick them up. Only problem is they don't let you pick them up til when all the new freshman arrive on campus so then there is a long line.  Luckily I got there earlier enough it was only about a 10 minute wait.  School starts on Thursday!! AHHHH!! I haven't been in school for like two years now.  I got a little bit stressed while waiting for my books. 
I told Thomas that I am really going to work on balance these last few semesters.  My problem is that I know I'm capable of getting all A's so I spend tons of time stressing and studying.  But I think I need to lighten up just a little and realize that it's okay to get a B or two and stay sane and healthy by still spending time with friends and family and getting excercise. 
Speaking of exercise, Thomas and I went and did a little speedwork/fartlek workout.  We wanted to explore a new paved path that I spotted awhile back.  I didn't take my Garmin again cause I just wanted to enjoy the workout with out stressing on time or distance.  We would jog for about 5 mintues or so (or to a certain point) and then walk for a minute, then run fast for 2 minutes or to a certain point.  We were both dying during the running fast part.  I guessed we did about 4 miles, Thomas thought we did six so we compromised and said we did five :)
Afterwards was stopped at Jamba juice for some breakfast/after workout smoothie.  I got the acai berry smoothie with a soy protein boost.  Loved it. 
The rest of the day was spent being lazy reading and watching Little People Big World on TLC.  I am also working on my letter of introduction for my student teaching placement.  I am taking it to the writing center to be reviewed tomorrow and then I'll post it on here and hopefully can get some feedback from everybody on it. 
Tonight for dinner we walked about 1.25 miles to a little sandwhich/frozen yogurt spot.  Loved their sandwhiches which were made on homemade bread that was crustless and so yummy.  We walked home and Thomas is watching the Boise State football game while I read and occasionally sneak a peak at the game.  This is the life!

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like you had a nice day today! :) My youngest sister is a freshman in college this year... she reserved her books the night before we took her to move in and we waited in line for about 30 minutes for them to tell us that it takes 3 days for them to get your books together after you reserve them lol... fun stuff! :)

    ReplyDelete