Saturday, March 27, 2010

Runnin and Campin

This weeks workouts were on different days then normal but it all worked out really well.  Wednesday was a super busy day so it was perfect that we did our workouts on Tuesday and Thursday.  We went camping this weekend so we decided to do Saturday's long run on Friday after I got off work.  Work was soooo long on Friday and my head was killing and mentally I just wasn't feeling it.  But luckily I have a wonderful running partner who motivates me and so I went ahead and did the long run.  I thought I'd only make it like the first three miles but once I pushed through the first half it was easy breezy on the way back.  We had a strong head wind the first half that sucked and made us run about 9:30 miles but it helped us on the 2nd half to run 8:30 miles so it all evened out.  We ran 12 miles in 1:47. 

Monday: Jillian No More Trouble Zones with Thomas
Tuesday: 1 miles warm up, 6 miles tempo, 1 mile cool down
Wednesday: Off
Thursday: 6x1200 meters
Friday: 12 miles long run

It felt so great to have finished the 12 miler after thinking I totally couldn't do it. 


We went camping, like I said earlier, with a bunch of other couples.  There were 7 of us and we had a blast! We went to Camp Zarehemla Friday night and stayed up playing Balderdash and Catch Phrase.  There were 10 of us in a little cabin with 4 people on 2 bunk beds and the rest of us on air mattresses.  Two couples stayed in tents! So brave! It was still pretty darn chilly up there! In the morning we had pancakes and bacon. They guys were supposed to clean up breakfast cause they lost Catch Phrase the night before but us girls were niceys and did it ourselves. We played some frisbee in the afternoon, went on a canoe ride, and a little nature walk.  The walk/hike was cause the boys were looking for where the river was that emptied into the lake.  We found it and the boys had fun finding big boulders to push off the little cliff into the water.  It was a great start to my spring break! Wahoo! I love our friends! I wish I had pics but when I went to pull my camera out I realized that the battery was dead. 

No comments:

Post a Comment