Friday, March 12, 2010

A walk down (and up) Cowiche Canyon

For forever Thomas and I have been wanting to go back to Cowiche Canyon where he proposed.  On July 9th, 2009 5:24pm I recived the following text (I still have it saved on my phone :) "hey I was thinkin we could take a walk up that canyon you we talkin about. What do you think?" So we met for dinner after work at my parents house and then went for our hike up cowiche canyon.  The following photos were taken recently so kind of a difference in weather from July.
 As we got out of the car Thomas reached back to get something but I totally didn't think anything of it cause I didn't want to get my hopes up.  He had asked my dad on the 4th of July so I knew it was coming soon but like I said I didn't want to get my hopes up.  And even when he kept his hand in his pocket the whole way down the trail I tried not to think anything of it.

I had told Thomas about this bridge that the trail leads to and how I always wanted to have a picnic on it.  So we hiked down to the bridge holding hands and talking and laughing.  We sit down, talk some more, and then realize we better head back before they lock the gate to the parking lot.

(That's Thomas' green finger pointing to the bridge)
As we get off of the bridge.  Thomas stops to "tie his shoe"  but I noticed it wasn't untied.  So he looks up at me with this silly grin and I think "oh heck no! He's teasing me cause he's on one knee and wants to pretend he's proposing!"  But then he pulls a ring box out of his pocket and asks me to marry him.  I say "Oh my gosh!"  a hundred times and then say yes and he kiss and hug a ton.  And then remember the gates are about to close and hurry back up the trail. 


Another reason I was surprised is that we hadn't gone ring shopping.  So I didn't know how he'd know what size ring to get or what to get.  But the sneaky little guy waited for his sister to come into town and she went with him.  This is the ring he picked.  I love it and am so glad that he surprised me.  If I would have gone ring shopping it would have taken FOREVER! I'm so indecisive when there are a million decisions! He said he was in and out in like 30 minutes.
Here is the only pic we have of our actualy engagement day.  When we went home to tell me parents my wonderful mama had the commonsense to take a picture.


1 comment:

  1. Awww, I had never heard your guys' engagement story! Cute!

    ReplyDelete