Saturday, March 20, 2010

4 weeks to go!!!

Only four more weeks until the half! Can't believe it! I'm getting pretty excited.  I really liked this weeks workouts, they were challenging but didn't kill me. 

Monday: Franklin Park, 1.41 mile warm up, 30 minute tempo run at a 8:40 pace, 1.23 mile cool down  =5.5 miles
Tuesday:  Jillian Michaels 30 day shred
Wednesday: 2 miles @ 8:30 pace, 2x1mile at 7:30 pace, and 2x800meters at 7:00 pace = 5.32 miles
Saturday: 11 miles @ 9:00 mile pace

I was a little worried that the 11 miles would be really tough since we didn't do a long run last weekend due to the 6K but Haley and I both ended up feeling really great.  We went on a new route and it was really fun.  I love being able to excercise and chat and have girl time all at the same time!

This weeks dinners:
Monday: New York Teriyaki (I'm not really a rice person and I ended up eating mostly just rice and not even eating the beef teriyaki. Weird.  I think running changes my eating habits. )
Tuesday:  Missionaries and mom came for dinner.  Sweet and Sour meatballs and rice, salad, and strawberry shortcake.
Wednesday:  Last weekend I had made this weird casserole that really wasnt very good with ground beef mixture on the bottom and noodles on the top.  We didn't want to waste the noodles so we scraped them off and made homemade mac and cheese.  I felt so inventive and thrifty saving those noodles from being tossed in the garbage.  lol
Thursday: My night to host BUNKO so we had what I litke to call Olive Garden salad, french bread, manicotti, and brownie bottoms with ice cream for dessert.
Friday: Leftover manicotti ( I made WAY too much.  I made 3 dishes and we only ate 1 at BUNKO.  So left some at the padres, and took some to grandma and grandpa.

Looking back, it was a very interesting week as far as meals.  Lol.  I don't know how it is with anyone else but I try to stretch it out as much as I can in between grocery store visits.  It's like a game I play, to see how long I can go without going to the grocery store.  Very weird I know.  But it seems like I'm saving money when I don't go for awhile.  But really it just makes it so when I do go I have to stock up and fill our empty fridge and cupboards.  And it's fun when you don't have much left in your fridge and cupboards seeing what you can scape together for a meal.  That kind of makes it sound like we are starving poor people, but I promise we aren't, at least not starving ;)

1 comment:

  1. Linds, I love you! You sound like an amazing cook, when can I move in? I am so proud of you for running so much. I would use the word jealous but I shouldn't be jealous, so proud will do. I ran today for the first time in awhile. I did a little over a mile and walked the rest to make it an even two. I threw up a little afterwards:( But you my girl are an inspiration!

    ReplyDelete