Saturday, March 6, 2010

Running, Food, and Thomas things I love!

I posted earlier that I got a new running toy, the Garmin Forerunner 305.  I am really loving it.  It tracks my heart rate, my distance, my split times, my pace, elevation, everything! It's so cool too because after you run you hook it up to your computer and it downloads all of your info and puts it into little charts.  It even Google Earths where you were running at so that you can see your route.  Oh ya and it also tells me how much calories I'm burning! I love it.  It's a little bit chunky looking on my wrist but it feels light. 
One of bloggers whose site I read does a little summary of her workouts each week when she's training for an event.  I want to try and do that. Okay so this week:

Monday: 1 mile warm up, 25 minute tempo run (3miles), and 1 mile cool down
Tuesday:  Jillian Michaels No More Trouble Zones (my fave of all the Jillian workouts)  Thomas joined me for some of this one.
Thursday: 7 x 1000m my splits were averaging about 4:42 which is what they were 2 weeks ago when we only did 5 of them and I absolutely died. And I didn't feel like dying this time so there has been improvement!
Friday: 30 minute easy.  I just did a 30 minute walk cause my quadricep was bugging and I figure I need to keep rested for the 10 miler on Saturday!
Saturday: 10 mile long run

Another thing I really like in blogs is when people post recipes and meal plans.  I love making a meal plan and then going and getting all the ingredients and feeling ultra organized.  So tonight because Thomas is working the weekend late shift and did the grocery shopping and meal planning.  I stopped by my parents to let the dog out and run over there and while I was at it I picked up some recipes.  I found an old church recipe book, those are the best cause you know they are tried and true.  Tonight I tried Cheese Stuffed Manicotti.  It was super easy and delicious! Here is the recipe:

4 cups spaghettic sauce ( I used one can of Prego Traditional sauce, it's the best).  Simmer for 10 minutes.
Cook manicotti shells by boiling for 6 minutes.
Filling:
1 1/2 cups mozzarella
1 1/2 cups cottage cheese
1 cup grated parmesan
3 beaten eggs
1/4 cup parsley

Mix 1 1/2 cups mozzarella and all other cheeses, add eggs and parsley.  Stuff shells.  Pour 1/2 of sauce in bottom of 13x9 inch pan.  Lay sheels on top.  Cover with the rest of the sace.  Sprinkle mozzarella on top.  Bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes. 

Thomas and I celebrated our 6 month wedding anniversary today so I took him the manicotti to work for his lunch break and we had a romantic dinner eating it in the break room of the x-ray department.  ;)  Since our schedules were totally opposite today we met on my lunch break and went to this great little soup and sandwhich place right next to my work.  And like I said for dinner we met at his work. 
I love being married to Thomas.  He is my best friend ever.  Never before I met Thomas did I have a best friend who was a guy.  It's so wonderful having our lives totally intertwined.  I love having the same friends and the same plans for the weekend and weekdays.  Marriage is beautiful.

3 comments:

  1. Awwww, cute! I can't believe you've been married for six months already!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That toy is so cool! I've been getting into running a lot more lately. Rachel says, "One mile warm up?! That sounds like my whole work out!" I want one of those gizmos! Was it super expensive?
    Rob

    ReplyDelete
  3. That might be the same recipe my mom uses for manicotti! Maybe she got it from whoever put it in the church cookbook. Delicious, we love it!

    ReplyDelete