Friday, June 2, 2017

Spring Dance Recital

Brooklyn's spring dance recital was on her birthday this year! Perfect for this dance loving girl. The theme this year was "Tiptoe Through Time" and each dance had to do with a different time period. She was in five dances:

Gladiator (duet with Hallie)




Romeo and Juliet




Charlie Chaplin





Marilyn Monroe

Shake Your Groove Thing


Just like last year I loved seeing her excitement and energy as she performed.  I stayed backstage pretty much the whole time because it was easier with helping with costume changes and there wasn't very much time in between each performance.

Brooklyn was lucky enough to have my mom in town to watch, Thomas' parents, and her cousins Savannah, Katie, Kylie, and Lexee.  Having family there made it even more special.

Some of the moms, myself included, participated in the "Mom Squad" dance at the very end of the recital.  I'm not a dancer but Brooklyn was so excited for me to do it.  In her prayer the night before she said "and I hope my mom can have fun on the Mom Squad".  Anything for my girl.  Even dancing like a crazy pregnant lady on stage.

No comments:

Post a Comment