Sunday, September 4, 2016

My 30th Birthday.

I can't believe that I am THIRTY!! My thirtieth birthday was wonderful.  I've finally learned that I need to not expect perfection on holidays, that just because one thing goes wrong doesn't mean the whole day is a bust.  I don't need to put so much pressure on that one day.  And because I applied that this year it was most excellent.

Brooklyn woke me up singing "Happy Birthday to Mama!" and she excitedly dragged in a present for me to open. I had to convince her we should wait til Thomas got home that evening.
Brooky and I went to the nail salon and got pedicures before I needed to head into work. My work is awesome and the director takes us out to a paid two hour lunch during out birthday month.




After work I met Thomas and Brooklyn at Tucanos for dinner.  Afterwards we hung out at the Riverwoods shopping area where there were musicians performing, a splash pad for Brooky to play in, and lots of Poky stops for Thomas to play Pokemon Go.

When we got home it was present time! Brooklyn loves to make everything a game and she got a headband for me to use as a blindfold and then I had to open the present blindfolded and guess what they were.  It was actually probably the most fun I've had opening presents because she loved it so much. While I was opening presents a friend in the neighborhood offered us tickets to the Real Salt Lake soccer game that night! We jumped at the chance and found a babysitter in about 10 minutes and were out of there. Great way to end the day.





Saturday morning Thomas let me sleep in til 10am! AMAZING! I got a good workout in and then Thomas and I headed to Deer Creek Reservoir where we went stand up paddle boarding (Thomas' first time). We grabbed lunch for the drive up there at a restaurant Thomas thought I would enjoy and it was so perfect. Thomas planned the whole day which was the best part.  I loved that he knows me so well to plan out things he knows I would love doing.




That evening we met up with our friends The Wilson's and Clemmer's at the Orem Owlz game.  Brooky had such a blast playing with Shaylee and Patrick. At the end of the game they let the kids run the bases.  Brooklyn ran SO stinkin' fast! I was so impressed!

 The kids got to run the bases after the game. 


So such a fun filled packed birthday weekend.  Bring on the 30's!!

No comments:

Post a Comment