Monday, October 8, 2012

Mission Reunion

Such a great weekend! We left for Salt Lake City around noon (Thomas had worked extra clinic hours while Brooklyn and I were in Yakima and had taken the day off work).  Hit some heavy traffic when we neared SLC because of a couple accidents so made it to Grandma's around 7pm.  Got dressed and headed to my mission reunion.  Poor Brooklyn was so ready for bed by this time but was a trooper at the reunion. 
At first I didn't recognize anybody except for my mission president's wife.  I said hello to her and she pointed me in the direction of some former missionaries who were in Arizona the same time I was. 
I miss the people in my mission! We had some great missionaries and I love that we can just start right where we left off when we see each other.  It's fun to see everybody's spouses too.
Sheena Walker Childs one of my faves

We only stayed for about an hour and then left to put Brooklyn to bed.  As we were leaving I said goodbye to my mission president, President Beck, and mentioned we were hoping to get some tickets for Saturday session of General Conference.  He said he might have some extras and would call me that night.
That night we stayed up till about 10pm chatting with my grandma.  She is so fun to chat with.  She let us have her bedroom and bed and slept on the couch.  I felt bad cause we meant to bring our air mattress but forgot. 
Saturday morning we met up with my mission prez to get the tickets and then Thomas and I rushed to Rite-Aid to get some formula and a bottle (I also forgot the milk I had pumped and a bottle!).  Rushed back to Grandma's to find Brooklyn screaming mad.  She calmed down once she had a bottle and then we rushed across the street to the conference center.  My grandma lives literally right across the street from the conference center, it's awesome. 



What an epic session to be at as President Monson announced that young men can serve missions at 18 now and young women at 19!!! Plus they are building another temple in Arizona (Tuscon)!!! It was really nice going with Thomas and feeling spiritually uplifted.  I will admit I was thinking about Brooklyn and hoping she was doing okay a lot of the time. I randomly ran into the Bishop of the first ward I served in on my mission and his wife. Later that day I also ran into a member who was in the last ward I served in on my mission.
Me and Jessica Tavizon

When we got back to Grandma's Brooklyn was sleeping but apparently earlier she had been super upset and spit up a ton and a neighbor's daughter had come over and helped comfort her.  Poor little baby and poor Grandma.  That little girl has some lungs and I know it can be so frustrating when you don't know what's wrong.  But Grandma was so sweet to watch her for us and she loves her and I can tell Brooklyn loves her Great Grandma.  When Grandma talks Brooklyn will look around the room for her voice and give her the sweetest smiles.

After first session my Aunt and Uncle came. They were visiting from Texas and I haven't seen them in years.  We went to the Church Art Museum and saw some beautiful artwork by church members from all over the world that was submitted for the international art competition.  Grandma loved the quilts the best.  I liked the art that had mothers and babies :)
For dinner we went to this restaurant/cafe called the Blue Lemon.  LOVED IT!!! I want one in Boise so bad now.  So many menu options and it seemed all so fresh and delicious. I had the butternut squash soup and a chicken avocado sandwich. Must try to recreate that soup.  It was so fall like.
Sunday my grandma made us breakfast and we listened to morning session while Brooklyn napped and then headed on the road.  It took us 7 hours to get there but only 5 1/2 to get back.
We had such a great time and hope to go back in November and December again. 

1 comment:

  1. That's so awesome you got to go to the mission reunion! I'm jealous~ one of these days I need to get out there to one!!

    ReplyDelete