Sunday, October 28, 2012

Halloween Party

Our good friends the Howell's hosted a Halloween party this Saturday.  Halloween is so much more fun with a little one to dress up.  I have been planning Brooklyn's costume basically since she was born haha.  I wanted her to be a witch because I loved being a witch when I was little.  I think I went through a stage of being a witch like three years in a row (maybe two).
Cousin Bethany, me, Erin, Ashley Halloween 1988
Halloween 1990
 My sister Briana has an Etsy shop where she sells crocheted goods.  She made Brooklyn the cutest little witches hat, leg warmers, and ruffled diaper cover.  Then I found on Etsy a lady who does appliqued designs on onesies and she made one that says "Broom Rides 5cents".
I was Brooklyn's cat and Thomas was her bat.  My MIL helped with my tutu and Thomas' bat wings (made out of an umbrella) and Thomas sewed his ears onto a beanie with some felt fabric.




There were 5 couples and a bunch of kids at the party and we had fun eating and chatting, watching football, and playing a candy game.  The game goes like this: somebody sits on a chair blindfolded with a rolled up newspaper or magazine in their hand. Their is candy under the chair and everybody else tries to grab the candy without getting whacked.  If you get hit you are out for that round.  Each round lasts one minute and then the person with the blindfold changes.  So much fun for both the kids and the adults.
Robbers

The old man, boyscout, and house from the movie Up

We ended up having to leave early because our little stinker refused to fall asleep even though she was exhausted! So weird because just last weekend we brought her fold up bassines with us to our friends' house and she was just fine but this time she FREAKED out!  Never a dull moment as a mom you think you have something all figured out and then your baby decides to change things up a bit :)

I've been feeling so festive I decided to make another wreath using the extra purple tulle I was originally using in my tutu but decided it was too poofy and that the purple didn't really seem to go with a cat. 

1 comment: