Monday, October 8, 2012

Indian Summer Half Marathon

Brooklyn and I were in Yakima for two weeks and had a fun visit.  It was nice for my mom to keep us company since we are normally home by ourselves all day and night due to Thomas' work schedule.  Thomas dropped us off one weekend and then came and got us a couple weekends later.
She doesn't look it but she is our content little traveler now.
 The first weekend there we attended the wedding of one of Thomas' best friends from highschool.  For the ceremony it was just Thomas and I but afterwards I went and got Brooklyn so his buddies could see her.  The ceremony was at Apple Tree golf course which is less than a five minute drive from my parents' house




Cousin Lexi and Grandma Sandee came to visit one day.  Brooklyn is like Lexi's little doll it is adorable. 




.

During the two weeks I helped my mom as much as I could dejunking there house and got things ready for a yard sale.  I really wish we would have taken before, during, and after pictures of all the stuff in the driveway for the yard sale.  Crazy amount of stuff!! Where was it all hiding!?

I also wish I would have gotten a picture of Brooklyn with one of my best friends from high school, Jessica.  We went to visit her one evening and Brooklyn was just all smiles and loved having Jess hold her and Jess' dogs.

My parents' dog Abby liked to lay down with Brooklyn for her naps on their bed.


My mom and I completed a half marathon together the second weekend I was there.  We drove to Tri-cities Friday night with my dad and Brooklyn and the race was Saturday morning.  I am still so impressed by my mom's hard work to be able to finish a half marathon.  It was great being able to have someone to chat with for a whole 13.1 miles.  She pushed herself the whole way and jogged even when I knew she would rather be walking. I teared up a bit crossing the finish line with her.
Nana and Brooklyn's first packet pick up



Beautiful morning for a run

Pre-race mother/daughter photo

Mom at the turn around and in the beginning messing with her Garmin (typical, had to get a picture of it).
So happy to be done

Best reward was holding my little babe.

YAY!!!

Almost there


The third weekend I helped my mom with the yard sale Friday and part of Saturday.  (She fired me pretty early in the day Friday from pricing items cause I was pricing them too low haha).  Saturday afternoon was our nephew Kaden's baptism and a lot of Thomas' family was there.  Afterwards we all had dinner together, I love his family.  It was so funny when Brooklyn woke up from her nap all her girl cousins literally swarmed her wanting a chance to hold her.  She is one loved little baby.
Cousin Sydney and Brooklyn

Cousin Tiffany

All the girl cousins

Savannah was a pro at holding Brooklyn

Everyone waiting for their turn to hold baby.

Kyley is the cousin closest in age to Brooklyn on Thomas' side of the family.

Katie bug and Brooky Bear

Haha everybody wanted to hold her.

Cousin Savannah to the rescue.


It was such a fun trip but it is always nice to be home and get back into a routine.  We can't wait to be able to spend more time with family come up here pretty soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment