Monday, July 9, 2012

Brooklyn's Blessing

Brooklyn was blessed at my parents church building on Sunday July 1st.  We had all of Thomas' siblings there, his grandpa, my grandpa, my Uncle Lance and his wife Donna and son Aiden, and of course our parents.  Some of my good friends Hailey Moon, Danna Curfman, Kaisey Dahl, and Brandi Bade all came too.
Thomas was really nervous about the blessing and spent time the night before preparing. The blessing was super sweet.


She was blessed to: sensitive to the spirit, work hard, fun to be around, have lots of friends and be a good friend, she will enjoy learning, the spirit will help her know gospel truths.
Beforehand we took pictures with my side of the family and afterwards we took pictures with his side of the family.





We then all headed to my parents house for a BBQ.  My dad bought the cutest cake from Costco.


It's the best feeling to have so much family around to support such a special event.  All of Brooklyn's aunts and cousins held her during the BBQ and she pretty much just slept away (okay and cried a bit as seen in the pictures).








Thomas' mom made Brooklyn's blessing dress from the material of my wedding dress.  Isn't it gorgeous? She looked like a little bride.  Grandma Sandee also gave her the headband, her necklace, and her little shoes.  My mom gave her a little bracelet to wear.


No comments:

Post a Comment