Saturday, July 28, 2012

Breastfeeding Part 2


I have been waiting to give an update on how breastfeeding is going til the issues have been resolved. After two months they seem to be almost resolved.
We've gone to four physical therapy/cranial-sacral sessions to help with the tight tongue and that seems to have improved a ton! I think that was causing a lot of the initial pain when she was latching on.
We have also been taking her to the chiropractor four times a week to help with the tightness in her neck and back.  We are hoping that will help more with her digestion.
The last time I went to the lactation consultant which was last week she thought I might have a yeast infection.  So I am taking medicine and giving medicine to Brooklyn so it doesn't pass back and forth between us.  Since starting the medicine I have seen improvement and even had one pain free feeding!! I am going to do one more weeks worth of medicine in hopes that the discomfort will completely go away.
I have been super diligent about boiling pacifiers, pump accessories, bottle nipples, medicine syringes.  And we are both taking pro-biotics and washing clothes with vinegar (that's supposed to help kill the yeast).  So hopefully the diligence will help. 
Another issue we have been having is that Brooklyn just gets so fussy and wants to be bounced and it seems like her stomach is hurting her.  So I had tried going off dairy a couple weeks ago but wasn't really faithful about it so I didn't notice a difference.  But after a couple of rough days I decided to give it another shot and 100% take dairy out of my diet.  So far it seems to be making a positive difference. 
I love those chubby cheeks and gotta keep them chubby :)

2 comments:

  1. I don't know if I mentioned it before, but gripe water is an amazing, natural helper with stomach pain. I use it for both of my kids when they have an upset tummy. Definitely try changing your diet, first, but if she seems to be in a lot of pain, you could always try that. Sorry, I feel like I'm giving all sorts of unsolicited advice! Anyway, I hope things keep getting better for you guys! I'm glad something is working!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We love gripe water over here :) Haha we actually just but a couple more bottles. Love your advice keep it coming!

      Delete