Friday, July 6, 2012

4 miler and Indian Food

I did my first long run for the half marathon I am training for in September.  The training schedule is a beginner schedule with low mileage and cross and strength training during the week and increasing the mileage by one mile each weekend for the long run.  I haven't timed any of my runs yet because I don't want to be too hard on myself.  My mom and I have been running a few times together and it has been nice to have the company. I am really impressed by how far she has come in just a couple months as she has done the couch to 5k program.
For lunch today my Uncle Lance treated us all to Indian food at The Taj.  This is the restaurant Thomas and I had our first date and rehearsal dinner at together.  We have a lot of fond memories there and it was fun for us to take Brooklyn there and show her off to the owner, Jesse, who always recognizes us and is so sweet.
We dropped off lunch to my dad at work and he showed off Brooklyn to his co-workers.  He loves to have the grandkids stop by so he can bring them back to the other pharmacists.  It's so sweet so we had to capture it on camera.

We have been taking Brooklyn to the chiropracter all week and have noticed she is sleeping longer stretches at night (6-7 hours) and she has pooped twice this week (she was only pooping once a week).  The chiropracter works on my mom and dad so he hasn't charged us at all!
We spent the evening at Thomas' parents hanging out with his sister Kristin who is visiting from Texas and his mom.  We are loving being with our families.

No comments:

Post a Comment