Sunday, July 29, 2012

Back to running

I've started running again to train for a half marathon at the end of September.  I knew I would be slower but I didn't think I would be this slow! Haha! The last time I ran while I was pregnant I ran faster than I have been now.  I'm not really disappointed about my times just because I'm happy to be able to run and I know it takes time to get back in shape.  Thomas reminds me that this race is not going to be a PR setting race but rather a "bringing sexy back" race.  Haha!
Today I ran 6 miles at a 10:15/mile pace and it felt really good.  I think the biggest challenge is getting used to running for that long mentally.  Last week when I did 5 miles I had to stop and walk some and this time I just pushed through mentally and made it without walking. 
I love that the greenbelt is only .75 miles from our apartment and there are a bunch of different paths you can take to change things up.  I am missing my running buddies in Yakima and our routes there though.  I was telling Thomas the other night how it's so much better with a buddy because when you say you are going to go running at 6am, you won't flake if there is someone there waiting for you.  I was supposed to run 6 miles on Saturday, had my clothes laid out, gear ready, alarm set, but then just wasn't feeling it all day.  Since Brooklyn woke up to eat at 6:30am this morning I figured I might as well take advantage of being awake and get my run taken care of.  I'm so glad I did. It was perfect weather and so nice to be out on a quite Sunday morning. 

1 comment:

  1. I really think those first runs post baby are the best feeling in the world! I ran so slow after Josh, but it felt SO good!!

    ReplyDelete