Sunday, February 5, 2012

Superbowl 46

Looking back on what we were doing last year for the superbowl it seems like forever ago.  Last year we had my sister Bea and her family over and our friends Kelsey and Brandon.
I always like to try out new to us recipes and this year was no exception.  Thanks skinnytaste.com.
Red, white, and blueberry trifle

Loaded turkey santa fe baked potato skins

Skinny taco dip
The taco dip was super yummy and is way easy. The potato skins were so flavorful and filling.  Both those recipes call for sour cream but you can use non fat plain greek yogurt to be a little healthier.  We also had bbq chicken and veggies and hidden valley dip (I used a dry packet and instead of sour cream used the greek yogurt and it tasted just as good or better than using sour cream).
I haven't even followed the teams playing in the superbowl but I love the chance to hang with my lover and relax.
My nephew Kaden let me know around Christmas time that he did NOT want the New York Giants to win cause he hates New York.  I asked him why and he said "Because there isn't any parking in New York".  I asked him how he knew this and he said "It's on the Geiko commercial."  So there you go, don't root for New York... there isn't any parking there.

3 comments: