Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Running Repeat

This week and last week have been pretty much the same schedule for running. 

Monday: 2x1200 at 10K pace with 600 rest, 4x400 at 5K pace with 200 rest, 4x200 at 5K pace with 100 rest. 
Tuesday: 4 miles
Wednesday: 4 miles at marathon pace with 800 rest, 800 at 10k pace with 400 rest, 2 miles at marathon pace. 
This workout has been so hard both weeks! It has been a little discouraging cause it makes me think "If it's so hard to keep my marathon for 4 miles, how am I going to keep it up for 13 miles?!" 
Thursday: rest
Friday: 6 miles plus 6x100 strides
Saturday: 12 miles (This Saturday will only be 6 miles cause I'm starting to taper for the 1/2 marathon next weekend!)
I ran the 12 with one of my friends and our pace was a little slower than I normally like to go.  But it's pretty cool to finish running 12 miles and feel refreshed rather than absolutley exhausted and spent. 
The weather has been SO perfect for running! When I run in the morning it's like 60 degrees and with a nice little breeze. 

10 more days!!!! Can't wait till Sunriver Half!

No comments:

Post a Comment